After you start a profiling session, dotMemory shows the message "The profiler is running. Waiting for connection from the profiling process." but profiling controls are not loaded.
- Firewall software prohibits TCP connection to localhost.
Allow connections to localhost from any port in your firewall software.
- The application you are trying to profile is not a .NET application.
1. Check whether you chose the right profiling target. It is possible that a wrong executable file was specified in profiling options or a wrong process was selected for attaching.
2. Make sure the profiled application is a .NET application.
The more complex profiling scenario is when you are going to profile a .NET process that is run by a non-.NET process. In such a case, enable the Profile child processes checkbox in profiling session settings.
3. If the previous steps don’t help, try to profile your application as a .NET Process. To run a profiling session, select Local | .NET Process on the dotMemory Home page.
- dotMemory hangs when trying to connect to broken or disabled performance counters.
Follow this article to fix performance counters issues.