dotCover fails to run coverage. All tests in the Unit Test Session window are marked as “Inconclusive: Test not run”. Unit test session execution log shows the error: “Failed to verify x64 COM object registration: Empty path to COM object”.
- Unfinished Windows updates.
- Profiled process PID conflicts with dotCover PIDs.
- (Very rare) The user account that was used to run Visual Studio has insufficient rights.
Do the following:
- Install the latest available Windows updates (if there are any).
- In the Windows registry, delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JetBrains\Profiler.
- Reboot your machine.