How can I profile Unit Tests if dotTrace isn't integrated into Visual Studio Follow
If you don't want to integrate dotTrace into Visual Studio, or have incompatible versions of dotTrace and ReSharper, or don't have ReSharper at all, you can still profile your unit tests with the following workaround.
1. Open your solution in Visual Studio;
2. Launch standalone dotTrace as administrator;
3. In dotTrace select Profile Local App -> .NET Process;
4. Specify profiling options and click Run - dotTrace profiling controller is opened; "Waiting for a managed application to start..." message is displayed;
5. Run your unit tests - in dotTrace profiling controller there appears a process (or several processes), profiling is started. While the tests are being executed and their processes are finishing, you'll be getting a bunch of snapshots (the amount of snapshots is equal to the number of processes that were run during executing your tests). Snapshots will be opened in standalone dotTrace instances.
Please sign in to leave a comment.