You experience a long delay (up to tens of seconds) when starting a profiling session. You might also receive the error: "Timeout is exceeded: the elevation request is performing for too long".
To keep things safe, JetBrains ETW Collector Host validates the certificate of the data collector process. It does this by making a Windows API call which checks the certificate online. In some cases, especially on virtual machines with certain network setups, this check can take a long time.
JetBrains ETW Collector Host can check the certificate locally (using the local Certificate Revocation List) instead of online.
To configure this:
- Open the Windows "services.msc" (you can type "services.msc" into your Start menu search bar and press Enter).
- Look for "ETW Host Service" in the list and double-click it to open its properties.
- Click "Stop" to temporarily stop the service.
- In the "Start parameters" box, add "--local_crl".
- Click "Start" to start the service with the new parameter.
By using the local_crl option, the ETW Collector Host will check the certificate against a local list, which can save a lot of time. But remember, using the local list might not be as safe as checking online because it might not be up to date.