I have two development systems, a stationary and a laptop. Both running 64-bit Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010 Professional with JetBrains dotCover 2.0 Full Edition Build 2.0.425.12
Both have been working fine with dotCover for months.
A few days ago in one of the systems, dotCover 'suddenly' stopped providing working options for running unit tests (NUnit).
- There are no icons in the left vertical bar of the code window in the test code.
- There are no "Run unit tests" options when right-clicking a test project in the solution explorer.
- The menu items under dotCover | Unit Tests -> are greyed out.
I have tried:
- installing the updated dotCover 2.1 - no change.
- Removing and/or disabling all other extensions and add-ins - no change.
- Run devenv /log to look at the activity log - nothing obvious there.
- Run devenv /resetskippkgs - no chage.
- Run devenv /setup - no change.
- Run devenv /resetsettings - no change.
- Looked at assembly loading with FusLogVw - hard to tell, but nothing obvious.
- Looked in the event log - nothing.
- Enabled viewing of tracing output with DbgView - nothing.
- Visually inspected devenv.exe.config - looks ok.
- Reapplying Visual Studio SP1 complete - no change.
Please note that I have one working, and one non-working systems. Both used to work...
Obviously something changed, but the only thing I recall that seems related at all is that I installed Visual Studio C# Express 2010 on the non-working system (since then removed - no change), and that I have Mono for Android installed and got some reminders about an update which at first appeared to crash Visual Studio when ignored, and then later I uninstalled that too - no change.
Are there any further suggestions except format the disk and re-install Windows from scratch? Any more logging mechanisms for example to determine why dotCover loads, but does not enable the unit testing runner?