I have a c# 2010 app. Which when run on some end user computers runs a singel core of the processor up to 100%.
It does nto do this on all custoemr machines, and on none of the development machines.
I installed dotTrace, and used the remote agent to run the app on a system that exhibit this sypmtoms.
When I look at the trace, even when the cpu at 100%, the trace, shows little to no user code running, at the methods that are running are on system timers. They run for about 3ms, once every 30 seconds. There is no other user code listed.
I have tried to configure dottrace in sampling and line by line mode, but the results are similar.
I am at a loss of how an app can consume so much cpu, adn dottrace not find any code.
I welcome any and all suggestions.