How to generate HTML reports

hi
i am able to generate XML reports through Console Runner of Dotcover

Please tell me a way for generating HTML reports through Console Runner

8 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Lokesh,
Assuming you have dotCover 1.1 EAP,
you just need to specify <ReportType>HTML</ReportType> in your ReportParams.

0
Comment actions Permalink

hi
just downloaded the 1.1 version
my Output.xml looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CoverageResult xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <IndexFiles>
    <string>C:\BuildAgent\temp\buildTmp\ssc00EF0.tmp</string>
    <string>C:\BuildAgent\temp\buildTmp\ssc04051.tmp</string>
  </IndexFiles>
</CoverageResult>



i mean there are two snapshots
while i am using

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ReportParams>
 <Source>Output.xml</Source>
 <Output>Results.html</Output>
 <ReportType>HTML</ReportType>
</ReportParams>



i am not getting the full results in the html file
0
Comment actions Permalink

PLz find the file attached

html file is not coming correctly

there is some blank space on the right and
the categorys i have boxed in blue are children of same parent, they shown wrongly



Attachment(s):
codecoverage.JPG
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Lokesh,
In your case before generating report you should merge results of coverage session (console runner "merge" command)
Or alternatively you can call "analyse" command which is a shortcut for "cover", "merge" and "report" commands.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Could you please tell what is your web-browser version?

0
Comment actions Permalink

hi.. i have tried it to open in IE 8 but it takes lot of time..
so i am opening it in Chrome

and this time i have used the anaylse option and set the ReportType Tag to HTML...
but resutls hav been similar....

0
Comment actions Permalink

Could you please specify your configuration xml file, console command you use for starting coverage and console output you get?
Thanks.

0
Comment actions Permalink

hi i am running the msbuild runner through teamcity the Final log is as follows :

[10:09:54]: [Exec] Disposing the test runner.
[10:09:54]: [Exec] Disposed test runner.' flowId='cab6d00a2462c8fb
[10:09:54]: [Exec] Stop time: 10:09 AM (Total execution time: 81.489 seconds)
[10:09:54]: [Exec] 104 run, 100 passed, 4 failed, 0 inconclusive, 0 skipped
[10:10:00]: [Exec] Analysed application exited with code '1'
[10:10:00]: [Exec] Coverage session finished [3/14/2011 10:10:00 AM]
[10:10:00]: [Exec] Snapshot merging started [3/14/2011 10:10:00 AM]
[10:10:00]: [Exec] Source snapshots number: 2
[10:10:00]: [Exec] Merging snapshots 1-2
[10:10:01]: [Exec] Snapshot merging finished [3/14/2011 10:10:01 AM]
[10:10:01]: [Exec] Report generation started [3/14/2011 10:10:01 AM]
[10:10:19]: [Exec] Report generation finished [3/14/2011 10:10:19 AM]
[10:10:19]: [CodeCoverage] Message
[10:10:19]: [Message] ##teamcity[importData type='dotNetCoverage' tool='dotcover' path='C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\Output.xml']
[10:10:19]: [test.config.teamcity] BuildAll
[10:10:19]: Importing data from 'C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\Output.xml' with 'dotNetCoverage' processor
[10:10:20]: Process exited with code 0
[10:10:20]: Waiting for 1 service processes to complete
[10:10:20]: Processing 1 coverage report(s)
[10:10:20]: Generating coverage report by dotcover for files: [C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\Output.xml]
[10:10:20]: Failed to find: null
[10:10:20]: Publishing artifacts
[10:10:20]: [Publishing artifacts] Paths to publish: [teamcity-info.xml]
[10:10:20]: [Publishing artifacts] Sending files
[10:11:02]: Build finished

Following is the Msbuild Target used :

<Target Name="CodeCoverage">
    <PropertyGroup>
      <DotCoverPath>C:\Program Files\JetBrains\dotCover\v1.1</DotCoverPath>
        <AnalyseFile>C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\analyse.xml</AnalyseFile> 
        <OutputXmlPath>C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\Output.xml</OutputXmlPath>
    </PropertyGroup>
 
    <Exec Command="&quot;$(DotCoverPath)\Bin\dotCover.exe&quot; a &quot;$(AnalyseFile)&quot;" ContinueOnError="true"></Exec> 
      <Message Text="##teamcity[importData type='dotNetCoverage' tool='dotcover' path='$(OutputXmlPath)']"></Message>
</Target>



Following is the Analyse.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AnalyseParams>
 <Executable>C:\Program Files\Gallio\bin\Gallio.Echo.exe</Executable>
 <Arguments>&quot;C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\ShuttleEngine.Test\bin\Debug\ShuttleEngine.Test.dll&quot;</Arguments>
 <WorkingDir>C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\ShuttleEngine.Test\bin\Debug</WorkingDir>
 <Output>C:\CI Build\Products\transactionSHUTTLE\Code\Output.html</Output>
 <ReportType>HTML</ReportType>
<Filters> 
 <IncludeFilters>
 <FilterEntry>
 <ModuleMask>ShuttleEngine</ModuleMask>
 <ClassMask>*</ClassMask>
 <FunctionMask>*</FunctionMask>
 </FilterEntry>
 </IncludeFilters> 
 <ExcludeFilters>
 </ExcludeFilters>
 </Filters>

</AnalyseParams>


From the above configuration xml file, i get the html as i had attached before... the hierarchy is correct if report type is XML
0

Please sign in to leave a comment.