We have an Excel addin (xll) created using Excel DNA from standard C# code. We'd like to generate coverage stats for code within the xll when running integration tests via MSTest. The flow of control is as follows:
- test starts
- Code within the test launches Excel via COM automation (Excel is now a separate process)
- Code within the test instructs Excel to load the xll
- COM automation is used to setup the relevant test conditions
- Results verified with COM calls
- xll unloaded, Excel shutdown
- .... next test runs
At the moment DotCover gives us coverage within the calling process, but no visibility of code within the XLL.
- Integration tests project - coverage of XLL not currently shown
- Xll project (builds a DLL which is then converted/packed as an XLL)
Is it possible to get the child process/addin coverage information somehow? Is this something dotCover supports? If the XLL was a plain DLL would this be easier?
p.s. More info on Excel DNA here - http://excel-dna.net/